SSH can be used to do allot of great things. Login remotely, transfer files with scp and run single commands for a quick fix. All encrypted! Another great and well-known feature of SSH is SSH tunnelling.
Things you will need:
- Linux server
- SSH daemon running on the server (openssh-server recommended)
- Polipo daemon running on the server
- SSH client (openssh-client recommended)
- -L Specifies the remote address, remote port and local port ([local port]:[remote address]:[remote port])
- -N Don’t execute any command on the remote machine when connected